As a Trainee Senior Care Assistant at a Barchester care home, you’ll carry out a range of tasks that help us give our residents the quality care and support they deserve. You’ll look after the different needs of our residents to enable us to deliver quality, person-centred care and support. Your role will involve supervising and inspiring a team of dedicated Care Assistants alongside the Deputy General Manager. You can also expect to support the clinical team in a specific area, such as medication, assessments, care plans or care reviews. Like everyone here, as a trainee Senior Care Assistant, you’ll always respect the dignity and preferences of our residents as well playing your own part in creating an environment that’s warm, welcoming and vibrant. Barchester are the only care provider in the UK to be accredited as one of the best companies to work for in 2019, 2020, and 2021.
You should have an NVQ Level 2, And be happy working towards NVQ level 3 or Advanced Diploma in Health & Social Care. We’ll also need to see that you have specific knowledge of clinical care for the elderly. We’re looking for people who are warm-hearted, compassionate and committed to giving each resident individualised care and support. You’ll have the opportunity to develop your career through ongoing training opportunities, so there’s no limit to how far you can go with us. Many of our Senior Carer Assistants progress into Care Practitioner, Regional Carer or nursing roles.
NEED TO HAVE
• 1 years’ experience in a care setting
• NVQ level 2 Health & Social Care qualification (or equivalent)
NEED TO DO
• Undertake senior care responsibilities
• Demonstrate passion for delivering exceptional care to residents
• Support a nursing team with medication, assessments, care planning
• Attend regular training sessions, both on and off site
• Engage with the training programme to gain confidence in new skills
As well as a competitive salary, Barchester offers one of the best rewards packages in the care sector. Your generous benefits would include:
• Free learning and development
• Automatic enrolment into our profit share scheme
• A range of holiday, retail and leisure discounts
• Unlimited access to our Refer a Friend bonus scheme
If you’d like to use your motivational and people skills in an organisation that provides the quality care you’d expect for your loved ones, this is a rewarding place to be.