New to care or experienced? Join us as a Waking Night Support Worker at Fynnon Non in Llanelli and take advantage of the £1000 social care joiner and retention bonus
Ffynnon Non is a residential service that specialises in providing person-centered care and support for up to 4 adults (aged 18-64) with autism spectrum conditions, Asperger’s, learning disabilities, communication difficulties, and behaviour that may challenge.
Location: Llannon, Llanelli, SA14
Hours: Full Time and Part Time
Information: This role requires females due to the individuals needs
Your new job:
Achieve together is one of the UK’s leading providers of support for people with learning disabilities, autism and associated complex needs.
You will be working as part of a friendly team, supporting vulnerable adults with a range of physical, mental and learning disabilities. As a Waking Night Support Worker you will play a vital part in providing the people we support with care and be able to profoundly improve their quality of life. You will assist people who are unable to live independently by offering them the practical help they need, as well as emotional support.
This will include:
- Remaining awake throughout the night to ensure the safety of the people we support
- Monitoring any concerns in relation to disturbed sleep patterns and follow relevant support plans designed to promote sleep and wellbeing
- Cleaning, stock control, administering and recording medication
- Complying with health and safety requirements and ensuring the environment at night is safe
Why not head over to our website and read some of the fantastic success stories shared by people we support https://www.achievetogether.co.uk/category/success-stories/
You do not need to have experience to be a Waking Night Support Worker, although a basic level of English and Maths is required. We employ our Waking Night Support Workers based on their values.
You will be:
- Caring & compassionate
- Reliable and responsible
Our team members come from all walks of life, including: Retail, Hospitality, Warehouse, Security, Ex Forces, Sales, Administration, NHS, Social Care, Mental Health, Waking Night Care Assistant, Outreach, Domiciliary Care, Health Carer and Residential Care.
Your rewards include:
- Free enhanced DBS checks and clearances*
- Ongoing career development to support you in achieving your ambitions
- Refer a Friend incentive scheme of £300 per referral*
- 28 days holiday (Incl: Bank Holidays)
- Free structured and supported 12-week induction to get you off to a flying start!
- Personal online Learning and Development portal
- Opportunity to gain sector specific qualifications and to join our Leadership and Management Programme
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) for help with financial, physical and mental wellbeing
- Discounts platform for permanent staff, including gift cards, discount codes and other benefits
- Pension – we contribute to your retirement fund
- Recognition and Reward Schemes including Long Service, Employee of the Month and Outstanding Achievement Awards
Achieve together vacancies are excluded from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 which means that for certain types of employment it is lawful to reject a person for employment on the grounds of a spent conviction. When making an application, job applicants are obliged to disclose all convictions, whether or not they are spent.