Do you want part time or full time work in one of the largest catering companies in the UK? We have flexible Catering Assistant roles; where you can pick up as many or as few shifts as you like.
Shift times might vary depending on client requirements but generally below are available.
07:30am – 20:00pm (with 1 hour lunch break and 2 hour break between the service 15:00pm – 17:00pm)
16:00pm – 20:00pm
Main Responsibilities for Ward Host
A ward hostess works individually on patient wards. The hostess will serve breakfast, lunch, supper and snacks in a very busy, fast paced environment. Duties will also include checking the temperature of food and fridges, recording it prior to service to patients, clean and maintain kitchen areas, cupboards, fixtures and appliances.
As a ward hostess you will need to have:
- Good communication skills
- Good customer service skills
- Good organizational skills
- Knowledge of food hygiene
- A pleasant, caring and polite manner
A ward hostess is responsible for:
- Replenishing patients’ water jugs three times a day to ensure good hydration
- Providing patients with hot and cold beverages throughout the day
- Collating patients’ menu choices
- Preparing patients’ trays for meal service
- Serving patients meals at designated times
- Delivering snacks to appropriate patients
- Washing up of all patients’ crockery
- Disposing of waste appropriately
- Maintain a high standard of hygiene at all times
Skills / Qualifications
Previous catering experience would be an advantage.
Please note standard DBS is required prior to starting this position.
Why Work for Compass
All Training Provided. Compass Exclusive Benefits, Lifestyle Benefits “Perks” Platform, and Health & Wellbeing Support Program Including Access To Our Employee Assistance Program.
Apply online now via our short application form (only takes 1 minute!) and attach your CV. We will be in touch straight away and if successful you could be working within a couple of days