Administrator / Building and Facilities Manager
with excellent operational administration experience, considerable experience of managing a building and working with tradespeople and excellent IT, organisational and communication skills is required for a charity based in Guildford, Surrey.
£28,000 per annum + Benefits (see below)
Burpham, Guildford, Surrey
35 hours per week – A job share would be considered – Flexible working options
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for an Administrator / Building and Facilities Manager with excellent operational administration experience, considerable experience of managing a building and working with tradespeople and excellent IT, organisational and communication skills.
Working as the Administrator / Building and Facilities Manager you will ensure the smooth running of the organisation’s charity hub, housing 8 other charities and providing a range of shared facilities and services. You will also provide administrative support for the charity including human resources administration, office management, IT and act as Personal Assistant to the Chief Executive.
As the Administrator / Building and Facilities Manager you will need to be organised and efficient; proactively managing the day-to-day operations of the charity and building, resolving issues efficiently, and always thinking about how things can go smoother in the future.
Additional aspects of the role include managing conference rooms, assisting with conferences and events, providing DBS checks, along with administrative support to the charity and the CEO.
If this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties as the Administrator / Building and Facilities Manager include:
- Take day-to-day ownership of the administration and running of organisation
- Be the main point of contact for tenants, dealing with requests in a timely manner
- Ensure the security of the building
- Liaise with tradespeople, contractors and others to ensure repairs, renewals and upgrades are managed effectively and cost-effectively
- Ensure that high quality office facilities and services, including meeting rooms and communal areas, are available to the tenants of organisation
- Deliver the outsourced Disclosure & Barring checking service
- Provide basic HR administration (holidays, flexitime, induction packs etc)
- Support trustee meetings and committees with various administrative tasks including distributing papers and minute taking
- Help arrange staff away days and other staff events
- Ensure availability of office and housekeeping supplies
- Maintain high quality facilities and services for charity
- Facilitate the Health and Safety Committee for organisation
- Manage and support volunteers & Business Administration Apprentice or equivalent where present
- Manage diary appointments
- Minute taking for some meetings
- Have considerable experience of managing a building, working with tradespeople
- Have considerable administration experience, ideally within the voluntary sector
- Able to work to targets and deadlines with a high degree of autonomy
- Able to plan, balance and manage multiple priorities
- Solid IT skills, including the Microsoft Office suite
- Experience taking minutes and notes at meetings
- Being familiar with, or keen to learn, office Health and Safety requirements
- Able to work to an operating budget
- Taking the initiative and responsibility for your work
- Flexible and adaptable
- Friendly and approachable, with a desire to provide an excellent service
- Knowing when to roll up the sleeves and DIY, and when to call in a pro
- Flexible working
- 5% employers pension contribution
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Paid volunteering leave
- Free on-site parking
- 25 days holiday with an additional three days between Christmas and New Year, as well as all English Bank Holidays
- Professional development opportunities
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
JOB REF: AWDO-P11776
Permanent, Full-Time Administrative and Office Manager Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Burpham, Guildford, Surrey. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online specialise in sourcing candidates and advertising vacancies on multiple job boards for companies on a non-commission basis. AWD online operates as an employment agency.