Assistant Property Manager
Who are we?
Founded in 1992 and with over 300 employees, Galliard Homes is London’s largest privately owned property development and management group overseeing residential, hospitality, mixed-use, and commercial projects across London, the Home Counties, and the Midlands.
Galliard has a £4 billion portfolio of over 6,000 homes and 714,088 square feet of commercial developments under construction.
With an impressive portfolio of award-winning developments, we are proud to be considered as London’s leading property developer.
An Assistant Property Manager forms part of our in-house Property Management team and works alongside the wider Property Management team, as well as our Service Charge accounts team. This is a permanent position based from our London office near Canary Wharf five days per week. The working hours are 09:00am to 17:30pm Monday to Thursday, with a shorter workday on Friday, from 09:00am to 17:00pm.
- To carry out various property management tasks as directed by the Senior Property Manager, Senior Property Manager, and Head of Department.
- Assist the project management of Section 20 consultations, major internal and external works along with the relevant surveyors or relevant professional consultants.
- Manage electronic data and e-mails and ensure all records are updated.
- Dealing with email and telephone enquiries from lessees, subtenants, contractors etc. and ensuring information is circulated to residents.
- Assist with site visits to ensure all buildings are in good order.
- Ensure insurance claims are being processed efficiently and correctly (in conjunction with the property management team).
- Review and agree all circular & client correspondence including newsletters ensuring that communication is regular and accurate.
- Liaising with contractors – arrange repairs, cleaning, or other jobs (including emergency repairs) and attend appointments if required.
- Maintain and Update the Approved Contractors list.
- Maintain and update the purchase order system to ensure all expenditure is supported by a works order.
- Manage the uploading of compliance documents to Quooda.
- Carry out periodic site visits (Subject to safety) training and complete site visit reports.
- Be the first or secondary point of contact for staff and residents enquiries on various sites within the portfolio.
The Assistant Property Manager will have previous experience within Block Property Management and will have worked on either client-side or agent-side. They will also meet the below criteria:
- Must have previous experience within an assistant property manager role or similar.
- Ability to work on own initiative/with remote manager.
- Excellent telephone and people skills.
- Good attention to detail and accuracy skills.
- Capable of organising and prioritising workload and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to resolve problems.
- Honest, reliable, and friendly personality.
- The verbal communication skills to communicate with a diverse client group and internal staff.
- AIRPM qualified or working towards AIRPM.
As a family-owned business, we want everyone to feel at home from day one. In return for commitment, loyalty, and hard work, we offer benefits ranging from:
- Competitive salary
- 24 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Life assurance
- Private health care
- Matching contribution pension scheme
- Discretionary salary and bonus review
- Employee assistance programme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Discount portal
- Volunteering opportunities
- Sponsorship of professional qualifications and accreditation’s