Assistant Store Manager Opportunity:
Lead, inspire, and excel – creating amazing value everyday!
As an Assistant Store Manager, you are the vital link between the Store Manager and the store team. You’re assuming a pivotal role in shaping the experiences of both your team and the customers’ journey within the community you serve. Your day-to-day actions drive sales and allow you to use your creative flair when merchandising on and off plan to showcase our amazing value on GM and FMCG products within the store, creating an environment where our core values of love our customers, care for our colleagues, and protect the pounds (and euros) come to life.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive a high volume of applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.
Why Choose Us?
- A member of our annual Retail Management Bonus Scheme acknowledging your contributions to our success.
- Professional development, including the opportunity to pursue up to a Retail Manager Level 3 qualification through an apprenticeship.
- Comprehensive induction plan and the opportunity to complete in-house development programmes, setting you up for success.
- Rota’s are scheduled four-weeks in advance, creating a culture that cares for your life outside of work.
- Holiday allowance increasing by one day per year (up to 33 days), plus an extra day for your Birthday.
- Enhanced Family friendly benefits and life assurance.
- In-store discount of 10% along with exclusive discounts through our colleague online benefits portal.
- All year-round initiatives to recognise and reward our colleagues.
- Access to Employee Assistance to support your well-being.
Love our customers:
- Customers are at the forefront of everything we do. You are a role model in delivering excellent customer service consistently to the highest of standards.
- Always going above and beyond for our customers, whether greeting them, assisting them, or jumping on the checkouts – Keeping our ‘two is a queue’ initiative in mind.
Care for our colleagues:
- Create a safe environment for your team and ensure all policies and procedures are followed.
- Work alongside the Store Manager to help support the team around you.
- Managing new colleagues’ inductions and collaborating with supervisors to drive ongoing training and development through on-the-job coaching.
Protect the pounds (and euros):
- Leading daily huddles to ensure commercial objectives, including sales, service, and shrink, are communicated, and achieved.
- Ensure all our products are priced, merchandised and maintained to ensure the store runs smoothly.
Ready to Join Us?
This opportunity is for those ready to make an impact in a vibrant retail environment. We’d love to hear from you if you’re driven to lead, inspire, and excel. Apply now and take your first step in a fulfilling career with us.
From one store in Burton-upon-Trent in 1990 to more than 850 across the UK and the Republic of Ireland today, Poundland & Dealz has developed a reputation for offering top brands and quality own-brand products at an amazing value. We sell everything from food and drink to DIY, pet products to stationery, not forgetting our very own fashion brand, PEP&CO. We have recently invested £45 million in the business, opened new stores and revamped existing ones. We’re on an exciting journey, and you can be a part of it.
We’re part of a much larger group in Europe called Pepco which has 3,000 stores in 17 territories serving 50 million shoppers, and the size of our business means there are so many opportunities for you to come and join us. From our retail stores to our support and distribution centres, everywhere you see Poundland and Dealz, you’ll find passionate and knowledgeable colleagues delivering amazing service to our customers. Once you’re part of our family, we’ll give you everything you need to be the best you can be, from training to coaching and mentoring. Our seven core values and seven leadership principles steer how we do business. They give us the building blocks to create a culture where everybody thrives, and sustainability is at the top of our agenda.