We have a fantastic opportunity for a Breakdown Claims Handler to join us at our newly renovated and stylish head office in Harrogate town centre. Answering inbound calls from customers wishing to make a claim on their policy. You’ll be dealing with customers who are in a variety of different situations; ranging from vehicles that won’t start at a home address, through to roadside breakdowns or road traffic accidents. Working closely with your team and providing excellent levels of customer service, strong verbal and written communication skills are required, as well as a desire to join a fast growing, energetic and modern business who invest in the development and wellbeing of all colleagues.
Our Breakdown Claims Handlers work 37.5 hours on average over a 4-week rota working compressed shifts doing 4 days a week as follows:
Week 1 – Monday, Tuesday, Saturday, Sunday – 7am – 5.30pmWeek 2 – Wednesday, Thursday, Friday – 7am – 5.30pm and Monday or Tuesday 7am – 12 (midday)Week 3 – Monday, Tuesday, Saturday, Sunday – 10am – 8.30pmWeek 4 – Wednesday, Thursday, Friday – 10am – 8.30pm and Monday or Tuesday 7am – 12 (midday)
This role will be based on a hybrid method of working, consisting of two options:
1 week in the office followed by 2 weeks working from home.orWork full time from the office.
- You’ll be answering inbound calls from customers wishing to make a claim on their policy
- You’ll be dealing with customers who are in a variety of different situations; ranging from vehicles that won’t start at a home address, through to roadside breakdowns or road traffic accidents.
- You will offer verbal support and advice to customers regarding their breakdown or motor incident, and whilst doing this you’ll be delivering a market leading standard of customer care
- In addition to speaking to our customers, you’ll also liaise with our nationwide network of recovery agents, and colleagues from other departments within the business.
The ideal candidate is upbeat, enthusiastic and passionate about helping customers.You will also be an effective communicator, who is empathetic, reassuring and understanding when speaking to customers on the telephone.You should be an organised individual, who is able to work efficiently whilst maintaining attention to detail.
As well as a competitive salary we offer the following benefits –
- Competitive holiday allowance with the annual option to buy additional days
- Death in Service benefit of x4 salary
- Company pension scheme
- Very generous maternity and paternity leave packages
- A flexible benefits package which allows you to add additional benefits to your overall package
- Our benefits portal offers discounts on technology & electronics, cinemas, restaurants, days out, mortgage advice, travel and many more
- Referral schemes
- Discounted rates on PIB products
- We offer a first-class employee benefits and welfare package to support our employees with financial management, cycle to work scheme, counselling support, health screening, will writing, menopause support, books, stopping smoking and much more
- We also offer a wide range of discounts including a kids pass – giving you discount to over 4500 attractions and activities, discounts at hairdressers and beauticians, climate change projects with lots of other options to choose
- PIB has a comprehensive learning & development framework, including professional study options and apprenticeships which are available to all employees, and which will support your career development
- Being a part of our PIB Community Trust, we support fundraising where you can apply for grants from PIB Group towards your chosen charity
- PIB Group are committed to improving their environmental impact in a responsible way. From the individual actions that our colleagues take every day through to installing the right facilities across our premises, there are many measures in place to help reduce PIB’s carbon footprint.
We are proud of our success and growth and have been recognised for many industry awards across our business. If you wish to work for a company that truly puts people at the heart of their organisation, then we would love to hear from you. PIB operates a flexible working policy, and our management teams will talk to you about how that would meet both your flexible working needs and those of the business and role you are applying for. We would love to hear from you if you want to hear more about opportunities in PIB.We are an equal opportunities employer, committed to hiring a diverse and inclusive workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, gender, religion, disability, age, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.