Wokingham Borough Council
Childcare Officer (Residential Short Breaks)
Wokingham Borough Council
£25,119 – £30,296, pro rata, per annum depending on experience
Bridges, 109 Colemans Moor Road, Reading
Evenings/Flexible Hours/Full Time/Job-Share/Nights/Part Time/Weekends
Full Time & Part Time Roles Available.
10/02/2024 at 23:00
Childcare Officer (Residential Short Breaks) – Full time and Part Time Vacancies available.
Bridges is an OFSTED registered residential short breaks services. We are committed to providing high-quality care and support to children and young people with diverse needs. Our passionate team is committed to creating a safe, nurturing, and inclusive environment where every child can thrive. We are currently seeking a compassionate and dedicated Childcare Worker to join our team and make a meaningful difference in the lives of the children we serve.
As a Childcare Worker in our Short Breaks Residential Children’s Home, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the welfare and development of the children in our care. Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Providing personalised care, support, and supervision to children and young people during their short stays.
- Creating a warm, welcoming, and safe environment that promotes social, emotional, and physical well-being.
- Planning and engaging in age and ability -appropriate activities and outings.
- Assisting with daily routines, including meal preparation, medication administration and personal hygiene.
- Building positive relationships with children, families, and colleagues.
- Promoting a sense of belonging, self-esteem, and independence among the children.
- Documenting observations and maintaining accurate records.
- Collaborating with other professionals to address the individual needs of each child.
The Ideal Candidate should have:
To be successful in this role, you should possess the following qualifications and qualities:
- NVQ Level 3 in Childcare or a related field (or equivalent) (Desirable, training will be provided if you don’t already hold a relevant Qualification).
- Previous experience working in a residential childcare setting is preferred.
- A genuine passion for working with children and a commitment to their well-being.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team and adapt to changing situations.
- Understanding of the unique challenges and needs of children with diverse backgrounds and abilities.
- A caring and patient attitude with a strong sense of responsibility.
- A clean driving license (desirable).
What we offer:
- Generous Annual Leave Allowance
- Excellent Learning and Development Programme
- Enhanced Local Government Pension Scheme
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- Local and National Discount Schemes.
Closing Date: 10th February 2024, 11pm
Interview Date: TBC
Due to the essential criteria of this position, we won’t be reviewing repeat applications if you have previously applied for this position within the last 6 month’s.
For an informal conversation, please contact Michelle Humphries at
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates for this role will be subject to Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.
Further information on this vacancy
- Job Description