Surrey County Council
The starting salary for this role is £31,262 per annum, based on a 36 hour working week.
We are excited to be hiring a new Compliance Support Officer to join our excellent Street Works Compliance Team which is an integral part of Surrey County Council’s Traffic & Street Works Team.
We are a close-knit group of 18 individuals, our team fosters a supportive environment where everyone is ready to assist one another. Therefore, you will never feel isolated when encountering challenges. The role is office based but there may be some scope for home working on occasions.
Rewards and Benefits
- 26 days’ holiday (prorated for part time staff), rising to 28 days after 2 years’ service and 30 days after 5 years’ service
- Option to buy up to 10 days of additional annual leave
- An extensive Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) to support health and wellbeing
- Up to 5 days of carer’s leave per year
- Paternity, adoption and dependants leave
- A generous local government salary related pension
- Lifestyle discounts including gym, travel, shopping and many more
- 2 paid volunteering days plus 1 team volunteering day per year
- Learning and development hub where you can access a wealth of resources
About the Team
Our team of 14 Mobile Inspectors and 3 Senior Street Works Officers plays a crucial role in monitoring the performance of private utility companies operating on the highway network. Our primary objectives are to ensure their work is conducted safely, without posing risks to themselves or the users of Surrey’s highways, and to scrutinise the quality of their road repairs upon completion. This essential service contributes significantly to maintaining the safety of our highway users and safeguarding the roads from potential damage.
About the Role
As a Compliance Support Officer your primary responsibility will be providing administrative support to the Team Leader and contributing to the overall efficiency of the team. In order to provide this support you will be:
Running Reports: You will be gathering relevant information from various sources generating and running reports to gather performance data related to street works operations.
Data Presentation and Visualisation: Using raw data to create meaningful reports by creating tables, diagrams, and charts, utilising Excel extensively.
Report Creation: Using your findings to develop comprehensive reports based on extensive data, highlighting key performance indicators. It will be key to collaborate with team members to ensure reports align with organisational goals and standards.
Administrative Support: Assist in administrative processes to help effectively manage a dynamic team of Street Works Officers.
Software Utilisation: Demonstrate a strong understanding and extensive knowledge of Excel with a willingness to learn and adapt to the use of other specialist software to enhance efficiency.
To be considered for shortlisting for this position, your CV and Personal Statement will clearly evidence, using clear examples, the following:
- You are an enthusiastic individual with a proactive approach to tasks.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organisational and time-management abilities with exceptional attention to detail and accuracy.
- Effective communication and collaboration skills.
- Previous experience in data processing and report creation with extensive knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Familiarity with specialist software and a willingness to learn new tools.
Please contact us for any questions relating to the role. This could be to discuss flexible working requests, transferable skills or any barriers to employment.
For an informal discussion please contact Michael Coombes by telephone at .
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 11/02/2024 with interviews planned for 09/02/2024 & 12/02/2024
We look forward to receiving your application, please click on the apply online button below to submit.
Surrey County Council is proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. A guaranteed interview will be offered to all disabled applications where:
- The candidate has evidenced the minimum criteria for the role through their application
- The candidate has chosen to share that they have a disability on the application form
Our application form and onboarding process will provide an opportunity to request any reasonable adjustments for the interview and/or the role.
We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all underrepresented groups.