Transformation of Industry
A Snapshot of Your Day
The Business Segment New Energy Business
(SE NEB) develops, manufactures, and sells innovative Hydrogen and Power-to-X systems, solutions and services based on the SILYZER portfolio. With this innovative electrochemical system, water is split into its components hydrogen and oxygen using the PEM (Proton Exchange Membrane) and (green) electricity. By helping our customers in the industrial, energy and mobility sectors to decarbonize their processes we are taking a further step towards a balanced future.
You will either work on our reference plant design or an execution project together with your colleagues from process technology and automation in close collaboration. You will have a few meetings per day, often online and spend the bulk of your time by working on the electrical diagrams, lists and so on, related to our product. You will receive support by other secondary electric engineers in your office and in Germany as well as India, with whom you coordinate, and which are available to answer your questions.
How You’ll Make an Impact
- Electrical planning of control cabinets and switchgears with associated sensors and actuators according to valid standards and project-specific customer requirements, incl. documentation in COMOS for electrolysis plants
- Ensure QA, EHS within assigned electrical scope and tasks and proactive coordination of technical collaboration with related internal and external parties.
- Factory test of electrical equipment and site support for installation and commissioning
What You Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of electrical engineering. Alternatively, you have completed advanced training as a technician. 5-8 years of experience, those with more experience may be considered for a more senior level.
- Long-term working experience in engineering and ability to deal with the interface requirements of partners.
- Proven track record for contextual, basic and detail design of cabinets (ideally for automation and electrical cabinets or mixed cabinets)
- Knowledge of related low voltage standards (IEC, UL/IEEE) required.
- Knowledge of PCS7 and T3000 automation components is a plus.
- Competence in high current rectifier, switchgear, transformer, and other electrical equipment according to applicable standards is a plus.
- Competence in process plants or switchgear is a plus.
- Shown work experience with E-CAD tool COMOS is a plus.
- Knowledge on Hazardous area installation
- Knowledge on Cable sizing
- Knowledge on KKS or RDSPP standards is a plus.
- Ability to speak German is a plus.
- Great passion for the area of energy transition and decarbonization
- High degree of flexibility and agility, with a self-directed work style characterized by initiative.
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization. Siemens Energy employees with current visa sponsorship may be eligible for internal transfers.
- Experience in plant engineering, special machine construction, or similar preferred
About the Team
In our Business Unit New Energy Business, we are enabling the green hydrogen economy to lead the transition towards a decarbonized world with power-to-X and electrolysis systems. We offer opportunities for personal growth and an agile work culture that adapts to your needs.
“Let’s make tomorrow different today” is our genuine commitment at Siemens Energy to all customers and employees on the way to a sustainable future.
What’s it like to work at Siemens Energy? Take a look: https://bit.ly/3hD9pvK
Who is Siemens Energy?
At Siemens Energy, we are more than just an energy technology company. We meet the growing energy demand across 90+ countries while ensuring our climate is protected. With more than 92,000 dedicated employees, we not only generate electricity for over 16% of the global community, but we’re also using our technology to help protect people and the environment.
Our global team is committed to making sustainable, reliable, and affordable energy a reality by pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We uphold a 150-year legacy of innovation that encourages our search for people who will support our focus on decarbonization, new technologies, and energy transformation.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity, we generate power. We run on inclusion and our combined creative energy is fueled by over 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society, all of society, and we do not discriminate based on our differences.
- Career growth and development opportunities
- Supportive work culture
- Company paid Health and wellness benefits
- Paid Time Off and paid holidays
- 401K savings plan with company match
- Family building benefits
- Parental leave