The National Trust is a conservation charity which looks after places and spaces so people and nature can thrive. In Northern Ireland we look after 22% of Northern Ireland’s coastline, 46 sq miles of countryside, including Slieve Donard and the Giants Causeway, and historic family homes such as Mount Stewart, Castle Ward and Florence Court. Whilst we have over 100,000 members in Northern Ireland and welcome over 1 million visitors a year, we also need grants, donations and legacies to continue our vital conservation work, enable access and experiences at our places, and take action in response to climate change.
Can you make a difference to nature and people through fundraising? We’re looking for an experienced fundraiser to join our team to support a wide range of projects and programmes.
What it’s like to work here
We’re for ever, for everyone and we really mean that. We want everyone to feel welcome and enjoy access to natural and built heritage, in ways that are relevant to them. We’re working to adapt our places and enhance nature and biodiversity in the face of climate change.
The National Trust Consultancy is home to internal specialists in every field of our work, working closely with colleagues at our places, national experts and external partners to achieve amazing things. You’ll work across multiple teams and balance competing demands to both identify and source funding for the delivery of core work and key projects.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll join our regional Grants Consultant to help grow income through fundraising. You’ll work alongside consultancy and operational colleagues to build and influence relationships with statutory funders, donors, trusts and foundations to support the delivery of our strategic ambitions.
You’ll help to embed a fundraising culture across our places, and champion fundraising to deliver on core priorities, providing advice and support and building the confidence and capability of staff and volunteers to fundraise effectively and compliantly. You’ll support with evaluation and monitoring of grants to ensure funding needs and targets are successfully met.
Please also read the Role Profile attached to this vacancy
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for someone with the following skills & experience:
- practical experience in fundraising or professional fundraising qualification, certificate or diploma
- experience of supporting delivery of large grants
- experience of identifying, securing, managing, and evaluating small to medium level funding
- proven consultancy skills of listening, influencing, building trust and delivering a high-quality service to donors and key internal stakeholders
- proven ability to build and present a compelling case to secure support for the cause and win ‘hearts and minds’
- excellent record keeping and attention to detail to ensure strong financial management and reporting