Premier Work Support
Our client based in Basildon is looking for an Import Operator
to join their growing team on a permanent basis to look after multi-modal freight operations within sea freight. Ideally our client would prefer someone with previous experience, however they are prepared to train an enthusiastic individual with a keen interest to work in the freight industry.
Duties involved for the Import Operator role:
- Undertake all aspects of administration in relation to the booking and monitoring of transport.
- Communicating with hauliers to obtain ETA’s or prices.
- Updating internal operating systems with all milestones, File closing cost/sales invoices to be generated within same week of delivery.
- Liaising with shipping lines to resolve issues and gather information if needed.
- Prepare pending files and monitor until the point of booking in.
Requirements for the Import Operator role:
- Previous administration/data entry experience
- Communicating with customers
- Negotiating rates with carriers
- An understanding of import clearances for Sea Freight using the Chief/CDS system.
- Experience with Destin8 and CNS to assist with import clearances or gathering the required information.
- Experience of tracking shipments online to check vessel arrivals and be able to update customers with any required information.
If you do not have knowledge of all the above requirements then we are happy to consider someone with a strong desire to pursue a career within the freight industry and is keen to learn and work hard.
The salary for this position is between £25,000-£35,000 depending on experience and the working hours are 9am-5pm.