IT Service Delivery Manager – Milton Keynes (hybrid) – £32,000 – £35,000 depending on experience
We have an exciting opportunity for an IT Service Delivery Manager to join a well-established team in Milton Keynes.
You will be responsible for maintaining customer satisfaction through service delivery and ensuring that requested changes are progressed within the business in a timely way. You will maintain Service Levels and all contracted Key Performance Indicators and support the Service Desk in problem resolution.
As IT Service Delivery Manager, some of your duties will include:
- Act as the main interface with the customer to ensure that they are pleased with every aspect of the service that you provide.
- Ensure that the service requirements of nominated customer are identified, understood, and captured as Service Level Requirements, a Service Level Agreement, and Operational Level Agreements and contracts.
- Manage and intervene to ensure that the customer receives the service as agreed.
- Organise and chair regular service reviews to discuss performance achievements and issues, and changes to scope of service.
- Preparation of service reports for customer and breaches of SLA targets and OLAs are investigated and action is taken to fix and prevent reoccurrence.
- Develop relationships and communication with stakeholders, customers and key users.
- Maintain an awareness of the customer’s business in order to be able to provide a prompt response when required.
Skills and experience
- Experience in a similar role, managing customer relationships and delivering support services in the telecommunications or IT industry.
- Service delivery qualification would be ideal – ITIL or similar.
- Excellent attention to detail and able to prioritise.
- Great relationship building skills and excellent stakeholder management with the ability to operate at all levels of the business.
- Proficiency in MS office suite – especially Excel
Why work here?
This role will give you autonomy along with opportunity to develop. The salary is £32,000 – £35,000 depending on experience, plus benefits. You’ll be a part of a global organisation, within the close-knit UK business.
Please be aware this advert will remain open until the vacancy has been filled. Interviews will take place throughout this period, therefore we encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
Tate is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Tate is committed to promoting equal opportunities. To ensure that every candidate has the best experience with us, we encourage you to let us know if there are any adjustments we can make during the application or interview process. Your comfort and accessibility are our priority, and we are here to support you every step of the way. Additionally, we value and respect your individuality, and we invite you to share your preferred pronouns in your application.