Required September 2024 (sooner if possible)
We are seeking highly inspirational practitioners with a breadth and diversity of experience who can inspire and educate children with a variety of learning needs, stretching them to achieve their very best possible outcomes. We are looking for skilled practitioners, who have an excellent work ethic, who are emotionally resilient and mature and who are determined and relentless in their quest to achieve the very best outcomes for our hard-to-reach pupils.
• We want all our staff to understand the importance of nurture and trauma-informed approaches to supporting the development of pupils with social, emotional, and mental health (SEMH) needs.
• We want these approaches to be incorporated into daily school life and to be part of all our interactions with pupils.
• We want all our staff to confidently adapt their teaching approaches for learners with neurodivergent needs, including Autism, ADHD, speech, language and communication difficulties.
It is important when considering a role at Lea Hall Academy that you do not make the mistake of interpreting smaller class sizes with high staff to pupil ratios as a sign for you to ‘give’ less of yourself. The very opposite is what is necessary. Lea Hall Academy pupils require the very best practitioners, the most cutting edge and creative pedagogy, fair and consistent role models, together with a relevant and focused curriculum designed and delivered by staff who have high expectations. Anything less is not good enough.
It is essential that you are:
• Able to demonstrate the emotional capacity and personal resilience to work in an SEMH setting supporting children with a wide range of challenges
• A driven and inspiring practitioner who leads the way in terms of innovation and thinking for yourself
• Happiest when contributing to creating a collaborative environment in which pupils and staff thrive
• Reflective, well-organised, resourceful, good at building relationships, kind, and have a good sense of humour.
In return you will enjoy:
• Working with a brilliant team
• A new school, opened in September 2021, in which we are investing heavily to ensure that the facilities are conducive to an environment for learning for our boys and a place to work for our staff that enables them to perform their professional best.
• A responsive approach to the need to develop curriculum resources that also respond to the diverse and changing needs of our boys
• Exceptional professional support from schools across Forward Education Trust
• A multi-disciplinary team providing regular input to classroom practice, to develop professional skill that can be deployed every day of the week
• Commitment to creating an effective work/life balance for all staff
• Excellent remuneration package and benefits
• Opportunity to continue your personal development journey
We are building a team that combines the expertise of both mainstream and specialist teachers and so encourage applications from all fields. The role is a truly unique opportunity to play an integral part in shaping the learning throughout the school, with creativity and ambition.
This is an opportunity to make a difference to young people who need some help to overcome their barriers to learning – are you ready for the challenge? If you feel that Lea Hall Academy may be the right place for you, we hope you will consider applying for the post.
For more information, and to request an application pack, please contact Jodie Massie at Hays Education on:
Closing date: 9.00am – Friday 2nd February 2024
Interviews to be held shortly thereafter
We reserve the right to close this vacancy sooner if necessary. Candidates are encouraged to return their application as soon as possible.
Please also see our recruitment site for more information on working at Forward Education Trust:
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role. Please note that only standard Forward Education Trust Application forms will be accepted, we will not read accompanying Curriculum Vitae (CV). Enhanced DBS clearance, Disqualification (regulations) 2009, prohibition checks and if overseas trained, Certificate of good conduct will need to be obtained if applicable prior to interview.