Circa £35,000? per annum
Full time/37 hrs a week/permanent?
This role will be based at our Central Laboratory in Huntingdon working 5 days per week on site. ?
6 million customers. Countless career opportunities?
We have a fantastic new opportunity for a LIMS Administrator to join the Laboratory Team on a permanent basis.
The LIMS Administrator will actively oversee Labware LIMS day to day administration, understanding laboratory processes to support its routine use in Analytical Services. They will maintain expertise, ensuring compliance with service requirements and serving as a credible liaison with suppliers and incident managers. Additionally, they will engage constructively with stakeholders, collaborating closely with the Quality Manager to capture quality-driven processes through LIMS data.?
As a valued employee you’ll be entitled to:
-Competitive pension scheme – Anglian Water double-matches your contributions up to 6%
-Personal private health care
-Annual bonus scheme
-Opportunity to volunteer do unpaid work in the community
-23 days leave, rising with service + Bank Holidays, with the option to swap Christmas and Easter holidays for those celebrated by your religion
-Life Cover at 8x your salary
-Personal Accident cover – up to 5x your salary
-Flexible benefits to support your wellbeing and lifestyle
-Lots of great benefits including 20% off new EE mobile contracts, discounted cinema tickets and a Cycle2Work scheme
-Free parking at all offices, site and leisure parks
What you’ll be doing:
– Pro-actively manage the day to day administration of the Laboratory Information Management System.
– Understand Laboratory and sampling processes and support Labware LIMS routine use in Analytical Services by developing and maintaining close working links with key suppliers and our internal customers.
– Always make certain they retain the skills and technical abilities to comply with the requirements of Analytical Services and our suppliers.
– Be a credible source of expertise to the senior level incident managers in relation to liaison with our suppliers and service continuity.
– Be able to discuss work convincingly and objectively with colleagues, customers and others, responding constructively to, and acknowledge the value of alternative views and hypotheses regarding LIMS related issues, working closely with the Quality manager to capture quality driven processes via relevant data from the LIMS system. ?
What does it take to be successful?
– Education to A level standard or equivalent, with demonstrated experience of working within a scientific laboratory and an understanding of laboratory processes.
– A scientific degree is desirable along with registration with a professional body, in-depth knowledge of LIMS (Labware) and databases (SQL) although training will be provided.
– Comfortable making decisions following agreed principles.
– A good understanding of the processes within a laboratory environment and associated QA processes and regulatory requirements
– Good people and communication skills with experience of working with 3rd party external providers
– Able to influence key stakeholders across the business?
Inclusion at Anglian Water:
Inclusion is for everyone and we are an equal opportunity employer, which means we’ll consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, disability status or any other protected characteristic. We recruit and develop our people based on merit and their passion for creating better outcomes, and we’re committed to creating an environment where all our colleagues feel they belong. ?
Closing date: ?09/02/2024?