An experienced Manual Turner is needed to join the team at this premium boring and turning company based in Sheffield on a full-time basis.
The role involves machining complex parts and components from various engineering materials such as Aluminium, Alloy Steel, Stainless Steel, Inconel and Titanium.
Working hours are Monday to Thursday, 06:00 – 16:15. You will report directly to the Production Manager.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing company and progress your career!
About the Company
Through considerable growth since its conception, its excellent reputation has been built over many years by providing high-quality solutions combined with a trusted and reliable service. They specialise in deep hole boring, drilling, honing and turning for global clients in multiple sectors.
- Set and operate long bed centre lathes (up to 8 metres)
- Work with tight tolerances
- Reading and interpreting engineering drawings
- Inspecting components
- Using measuring equipment such as micrometres, plug gauges, Verniers and bore mics
- Demonstrable experience, especially working on materials up to 8m in length
- Excellent knowledge of manual turning, cutting speeds and feeds and geometric tolerances
- Experience in small to medium-batch work of large components
- Ability to multi-task
- Flexibility with working hours to ensure the demands of the business are met
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team but also able to self-manage to maximise production
- FLT license would be an advantage but not essential
- Overhead crane experience is preferred but not essential, as full training will be provided
- 20 days annual leave, not including 8 statutory public holidays
- Pension Scheme (After three months of employment)
- Death in Service (On completion of probationary period)
Sounds interesting? Click the APPLY
button to send your CV for immediate consideration.
Candidates with previous experience or job titles, including; Machinist, CNC Machinist, Manual Turner, Lathe Operator, CNC Programmer, Machine Technician, Precision Machinist, Metal Fabricator, Manufacturing Technician, Mechanical Technician will also be considered for the role.