ARK ALEXANDRA ACADEMY
Start date: April / September 2024 or as soon as possible
Location: Ark Alexandra Academy, Hastings, East Sussex
Salary: Ark Outside London Main/Upper Pay Scales: £30,570 to £48,390 + up to £5k relocation package and potential TLR for the right candidate
Closing date: 9.00 am on 23 February 2024.
The school reserves the right to withdraw this advert if a suitable candidate is appointed before the closing date. Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply early for this role to avoid disappointment.
Are you passionate about inspiring the next generation of mathematicians? We have a fantastic opportunity for a talented, qualified teacher of Maths to join our dedicated team. Whether you are an experienced professional or just starting your teaching career after gaining your QTS, we welcome you to apply!
Our Mathematics department follow a Mathematics Mastery curriculum with a focus on deepening understanding and problem solving at the heart of all lessons allowing students to investigate and explore Mathematics. These opportunities continue into our sixth form where we teach A-Levels in both Mathematics and Further Mathematics. STEM activities are encouraged within the Academy and a program of visiting experts is in place to support this.
For more information please read the job description and person specification in the information pack available for download.
We’re looking for an individual who:
- Has knowledge of the national secondary education system, examinations and curriculum
- Can lead by example, through outstanding practice and professionalism
- Cares about students, their learning, and their futures
- Is driven to make a difference, to overcome barriers, to be relentless in enabling all students to make exceptional progress
- Is committed to their own personal development and to collaborative, consultative working
Ark Alexandra is a two-campus secondary academy with a Sixth Form provision in Hastings, East Sussex and is the largest secondary with 6 th form in the Ark network. A popular school, we have grown to have over 1,600 students this year. We work across a split site which brings with it unique opportunities for growth and development. At our most recent Ofsted inspection in September 2021, Leadership & Management, Behaviour & Attitudes, Personal Development and Sixth Form were all judged to be Good.
Ark Alexandra works closely with our feeder primary schools, Ark Blacklands, Ark Little Ridge and Ark Castledown, all of which have exceptional leadership graded as Outstanding by Ofsted.
As a Church of England school, our values of faith, excellence and kindness underpin our ethos, culture and behaviour. We have an inclusive admissions policy that welcomes, without preference, students of all faith and none. Our vision is to create a truly great school for the young people in Hastings. We believe that everyone deserves to be accepted, included, and empowered to live a purposeful and fulfilling life.
What we offer:
- Salary higher than the national pay scales
- Twice as many training days as standard and network-wide events with Ark colleagues, held by the best minds in education
- Weekly staff training designed to meet the needs of the school
- Coaching for every teacher
- Protected co-planning time
- Access to the high-quality, professional development, including nationally recognised qualifications such as the NPQML and NPQSL
- Opportunities to collaborate with colleagues across the network
At Ark Alexandra in Hastings, we are committed to helping staff with relocation. In addition to offering up to £5,000 we can help you make a smooth transition into our school and sea-side community. We recognise the challenges of moving to a new area, and as such we offer:
- Information on local housing options, and connections to good property agents
- Advise on school enrolment for staff members’ children
- Additionally, we foster a welcoming environment by connecting new employees with existing staff members who can offer guidance on settling into the community of Hastings.
The school’s commitment to supporting the relocation process reflects our dedication to creating a supportive and inclusive work environment for all staff members.
How to apply:
Please click ‘apply’ on the website you are visiting to complete an online application form.
Please note: we are unable to accept applications via CV and are unable to offer sponsorship at this time. We will also be reviewing applications on an on-going basis and this advert may close earlier than advertised depending on the level of response. Early application is strongly encouraged. You will be able to pause, save and log back in to complete your application up until the vacancy closes.
If you’re interested in further information about our school, please visit our website – or to find out more about Ark Schools, please read Why Join an Ark School? from available for download from the application website.
To arrange an informal conversation about the role or an informal visit, please contact HR on
Ark is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people in its academies. In order to meet this responsibility, its academies follow a rigorous selection process to discourage and screen out unsuitable applicants.
Ark requires all employees to undertake an enhanced DBS check. You are required, before appointment, to disclose any unspent conviction, cautions, reprimands or warnings under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975. Non-disclosure may lead to termination of employment. However, disclosure of a criminal background will not necessarily debar you from employment – this will depend upon the nature of the offence(s) and when they occurred. To read more about Ark’s safer recruitment process, please click this link .