Great Places Housing Group
NEIGHBOURHOOD SERVICES MANAGER
Salary: c£32,100Job Type:
Full Time, Permanent Location:
GM South Region Benefits:
Competitive pension, 26 days holiday plus bank holidays, increasing with service, cycle to work scheme, season ticket loans for public transport plus much more.You will be the key contact for all customers in a defined patch and directly deliver a comprehensive and responsive housing management services, with the aim of supporting customers to resolve issues You will also undertake neighborhood/estate/scheme management being present in neighborhoods and using all available resources with the objective of achieving sustainability while encouraging customers to act for themselves.What you’ll be doing
- Be present in our neighbourhoods, undertaking regular estate inspections and monitoring of neighbourhood service contracts, addressing property and estate management issues and taking steps to address any contract under performance
- Handling tenancy-related queries in accordance with contractual requirements and Great Places policies and the Service Delivery Framework.
- Providing direct tenancy support in our capacity as a landlord to ensure tenancy sustainment.
- Ensure an effective response to anti-social behaviour and other tenancy breaches in accordance with Great Places policies and the Service Delivery Framework, by undertaking timely fact finding investigations and appropriate action to ensure the protection of Great Places customers and the wider community.
- Working collaboratively with other agencies to deliver interventions where necessary in case management or for the prevention of anti-social behaviour.
- Ensure the effective marketing of vacant homes in accordance with Great Places policies and property allocations that meet the needs of the customer and the business.
- Undertake the full rent account management process focusing on balancing the needs of the customer with those of the business, and including having proactive discussions to devise payment plans, coaching customers to identify solutions to account issues, supporting budgeting and taking court action as a last resort.
- Ensure safeguarding concerns are dealt with promptly and in line with legal requirements and guidelines and appropriate action is taken.
- To promote Great Places digital services; encouraging customers to utilise self-serve opportunities when appropriate
What you’ll need
- Either have or be working towards a housing qualification.
- Experience of working in the housing sector and in a similar role.
- Good working understanding of effective estate and tenancy management. Experience of delivering a range of tenancy management related services and being able to offer a proactive approach in the identification of tenancy issues and resolution.
- Experience of working in a customer focused environment, with a proven ability of delivering a high standard of customer service tailored to an individual’s needs.
- Proven relationship builder with experience of effective collaborative working with external partners.
- Ability to coach customers to help them problem solve
- Adaptable to use a range of Customer relationship management software systems.
- Proficient in the use of the full range of Microsoft Office applications.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Organisation and ability to time-manage and prioritise work load in a hybrid environment.
- Hold a full UK driving license and have access to a vehicle for use at work.
- Great Places Housing Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expects all our colleagues to share this commitment; this role is subject to a basic DBS check
What we need from you
- You will be required to attend a number of face to face training sessions as well as virtual sessions and e-learning this part of your role is vital and of equal importance as the day to day aspects.
- Professional and value led with integrity, inclusivity and respect for diversity.
- Ability to complete tasks in an accurate and timely manner when working towards a deadline.
- Able to lone work safely and effectively, able to deliver high quality services predominantly in field-based settings.
- Commitment to coaching and relationship management demonstrating people skills with an ability to work effectively with stakeholders.
- Have resilience and emotional intelligence to be able to cope with and manage difficult situations, whilst showing understanding and empathy.
- Willingness to share learning with peers, guide, train and to coach others and participate in cross departmental work streams where required.
What we give you in return for your hard work and commitmentPension
DC Scheme (up to 10% contribution from both colleague and Great Places)WPA
Healthcare auto enrolled at no contribution level with £1250 of savings available- option to increase & add on family members The Market Place
high street, restaurant & supermarket discounts, gym memberships, cycle to work, smart tech loans and much moreAnnual Leave
Start at 26 days annual leave, increasing up to 30 days + Bank Holidays Lottery
Monthly draw with 1st @ £250, 2nd @ £75 and 3rd @ £50Savings Club
You can put aside money each month for 11 months to help you save for that special something (pays out in Novembers salary)Sharing Greatness
Our colleague incentive scheme where colleagues can earn £300 by helping the business achieve business targets.Help with transport
We offer season ticket loans, an affordable way to purchase season tickets for public transport at discounted rates .At Great Places we believe the wellbeing of our colleagues is vital to enable them to deliver to great services, all your benefits can be used inside and outside of work. REF-211236