GBR Recruitment Ltd
As a Night Shift Wood Pellet Press Machine Operator & Telehandler Forklift Operator for this Lincolnshire based Wood Biomass
Processing business (working 12:15am to 8:15am, 5 nights from 6, working x2 Saturday nights each month on rota, shifts between Monday to Saturday) you will play a key role within the manufacturing team, operating the Wood Pellet Press Machines to extrude & press dried wood chip into high quality / premium wood pellets with universal end uses (made using virgin wood chip).
This is another key role, processing the chipped products into re-usable wood pellets for use in fuel, animal bedding & cat litter trays, helping the UK to significantly reduce landfill waste & promoting a sustainable future, producing a valuable renewable alternative to finite fossil fuels.
You will be an experienced Machine Operator
from within a Wood, General Waste Recycling or Forestry products manufacturing sector, with previous exposure to similar machinery.
You will be comfortable operating the Wood Pellet Press Machines (extrusion / extruding) & driving a Telehandler Forklift,
to move wood materials to required locations.
- Feeding & Operating the Wood Pellet Press Machines (extruding) working to a daily product processing production schedule to produce Wood Pellets for sale & for Biomass fuel.
- Moving the wood material using a Telehandler Forklift.
- Observing Wood Press panel control lights for indication of malfunction, adjusting settings.
- General housekeeping of working areas, ensuring all areas are safe, clean & tidy.
- Experience of operating Wood Pellet Press machines would be ideal or similar Production Machinery (training can be given) ideally working with wood or similar materials.
- Wood Recycling or General Recycling work background is beneficial.
- Forklift or Telehandler operating license.
- Knowledge of WAMITAB would be useful (not a must).
Interviews to take place immediately, with a February / March 2024 start for the right applicant.