Elevation Recruitment Group
Elevation Procurement & Supply Chain are delighted to be partnered exclusively with a leading Fabrication Manufacturer in Greater Coventry, with the search for their new Planning Control and Logistics Manager. A role sitting in the management structure, that will see the success candidate lead the operation and develop the supply chain function. The Planning Control and Logistics Manager.is responsible for providing an integrative approach to the customer demand, stock, production control and planning aspects of our Supply chain, working in unison with Sales, Purchasing, Production, Warehouse and Logistics. The post holder will build professional, collaborative working relationships with many stakeholders; Internally; Sales, Purchasing, Production, Warehouse and Logistics, to ensure there are no bottlenecks or shortages preventing the business from meeting our customers’ requirements or the delivery of finished goods. Externally; Customers and Suppliers (external & intercompany), building relationships, challenging information and managing expectations.
Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Manage, motivate and coach the PC&L team
- Working through direct reports, ensure all PC&L employees are effectively being utilised and working to maximum potential.
- Work internally and directly with the customer to understand the immediate and longer term orderbook requirements. Ensure all information is captured within SAP.
- Support the Production Planner with the coordination of raw materials, in-process materials and purchased parts to support production/delivery requirements in order to meet customer demand.
- Lead and support the Production Planner to fully utilise SAP to create plans, schedules and work instructions to enable production output to meet customer demand.
- Work with Production Management to determine sufficient manpower to ensure customer demands are met on time and in full.
- Own the SIOP process, develop accurate and achievable immediate & medium term SIOP plans working in conjunction with production.
- Manage KPI’s, status reports and present to the Senior team when necessary.
- Support when necessary with additional site related continuous improvement processes that maybe outside your span of influence.
- Attend Customer reviews, identify, take ownership and resolve/implement relevant customer supply chain process issues/improvements.
- Minimum of 5 years experience of full production planning responsibilities within a fast moving manufacturing environment
- Proven experience of building, developing, managing and leading high performing teams
- Fluency and proficiency in the practical application of ERP/MRP (ideally SAP), including, scheduling logic, order policies, input/output control, product structures, routings, shop floor control, and product family manufacturing strategies
- Proven experience of Senior Stakeholder Management (internal & external)
- High levels of commercial acumen
- Financial acumen
Package on offer:
- Competitive Salary + Group Bonus Scheme paying up to £10k + Pension 7% empoyee / 13% employer + 25 days + 8 stats Holiday
Elevation Recruitment Group’s Procurement and Supply Chain division work with a vast range of businesses across Yorkshire and Humberside, Lincolnshire and Midlands regions.