Hays Specialist Recruitment Limited
Your new company
The client is looking for a sustainability expert to join our expanding team in London. The ideal candidate should have prior experience in sustainability consulting. The role involves working in our London office and collaborating with teams across all our UK offices to some extent. The job responsibilities include liaising with clients and providing technical input.Your new role
As a Principal Sustainability Consultant, you will work closely with technical disciplines within the organisation and clients to help them measure and improve their sustainability performance. Your tasks may vary depending on projects and scope, but you’ll typically need to carry out research and develop environment and sustainability assessments. Your duties will include:
- Collecting and analysing data to produce reports that demonstrate your findings, including presenting your findings to clients.
- Providing advice on how clients can meet regulations laid out in environmental law and sustainability policies and guidelines.
- Supporting the Head of Sustainability with implementing the wider Sustainability Strategy and carrying out workshops and training.
- Recommending technological innovations and explaining the most cost-effective and beneficial routes to sustainability. This could involve switching to alternative energy sources to lower energy costs, smarter water usage, reducing waste and lowering carbon emissions.
- Assisting with communications (both internal and external) of our progress and achievements within sustainability.
- Using carbon and sustainability tools.
- Managing projects which involve identifying potential clients, preparing marketing materials, bid documents, and managing resources and budgets to deadline.
- Implementing project requirements to fully meet the client specification in accordance with relevant standards.
What you’ll need to succeed
- 10-12 years’ experience working in a UK consultancy for private and public-sector developers and operators, on a range of development / infrastructure projects.
- Experience of working within different sectors such as Commercial, Industrial, Retail and Residential
- Experience of carbon life cycle assessment, developing net-zero carbon strategies and supporting organisational carbon footprinting.
- Specialising in environmental design, energy efficiency and low carbon solutions within the built environment with experience from concept and planning stages through to completion.
- Experience with LCA, WLCA and Circular Economy Assessments.
- Experience in implementing circular economy principles across the project and delivery of associated reports such as SWMP and OWMP.
- Previous experience of an engineering organisation
- Well versed in using LCA and WLCA tools
- Experience of carrying out energy assessments
- Experience in BREEAM/ LEED/ WELL AP
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.If this job isn’t quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.