Job Title: Principle Mechanical EngineerJob Area: Greater GlasgowJob Salary: £45k-£55k + CarJob Type: MEP
Your new company
A design, engineering and project delivery company specialising in complex infrastructure, process and built environments across the full project life cycle. Experienced in high hazardous and safety critical industries including Nuclear, Defence, Rail and Life Sciences, their teams provide the full range of multi-disciplinary services including process engineering, mechanical and electrical (HV/LV), EC&I, architecture, building services, civil and structural, supported by programme management and a CDM consultancy. Their expertise also includes BIM, Digital and Asset Management, embracing the latest in digital techniques to provide clients with the most efficient and cost-effective design and solutions.
Their Mechanical experts work with clients across exciting and niche sectors, delivering complex yet efficient and sustainable solutions, often to a demanding, highly regulated and bespoke brief. They work seamlessly within a multi-disciplinary team, trusted by our clients to deliver inventive solutions to complex technical design challenges. As their team has grown, they have an opportunity for Principal Mechanical Engineers to become a permanent member of their friendly, supportive and creative engineering team, where you will Design and specify all aspects of Mechanical Building Services in accordance with current guidelines, standards, regulations and project deliverables.
Your new role
As a Principle Mechanical Building Services design engineer, you will be responsible for leading and managing teams of engineers to design and develop mechanical system, as well as ensuring that the designs meet the required safety, quality and performance standards. You will be responsible for reviewing and approving designs, providing technical guidance and support to team members and liaising with clients and other stakeholders. You will be responsible for commercially for the jobs you are on as well as assist the Associate Mechanical Engineer with the operational side of the team.
- With opportunity to work in multiple sectors including Education, Life Sciences, Custodial and Commercial, you will work on exciting and innovative buildings, often with top tier architects and clients.
- Their growing team provides opportunities for progression, where you will be encouraged and supported to develop your role and challenging your skills to explore career paths that help maximise your technical and management skill sets.
- You will work within a supportive team with the ability to plug into and access our wider network of professionals
- You will have the opportunity to see your designs come to fruition through site visits and client engagement.
What you’ll need to succeed
This organisation are looking for people who:
- Value quality and enjoy delivering technically excellent Mechanical designs in the built environment including HVAC and Public Health
- Want to take ownership, be innovative, use initiative and are driven by client satisfaction
- Have experience in coordinating multi-disciplinary design teams
- Have experience in leading and mentoring junior engineers
- Hold a relevant degree and chartered or willing to work towards this
- Eligible to pass criteria for security clearance and airside pass applications
- Are able to work unsupervised
What you’ll get in return
Working at this organisation means a chance to make your mark on some of the most exciting projects in their sectors. Whatever your discipline, you’ll be alongside some of the most talented people in the industry. Their network of offices are appealing, friendly and comfortable spaces, easily accessible by car or public transport. And their salary and benefits packages are some of the best in the industry. There’s also individual performance-related rewards on offer, as well as:
- Company car or cash allowance
- Up to 6% matched contributory pension plan
- Life assurance scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus ability to buy additional leave
- Discount scheme (including gym membership, mobile phones etc)
- Family friendly policies
- Employee assistance
- Professional development
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.