Pearson Whiffin Recruitment Ltd
Job Title: Private Client Solicitor
Salary: £40k – £80k (dependant on experience)
A fantastic opportunity has arisen with my client, a leading law firm in Brighton. We are seeking highly motivated and experienced Private Client Solicitors or Chartered Legal Executives to join a growing Private Client department. We are looking for candidates across a range of experience levels from newly qualified to partner level who want to join a highly reputable firm as part of an ambitious growth strategy.
The ongoing training and support provided, together with the opportunity to work alongside leaders in their field will make this a good career move for the successful candidate. You will have the opportunity to expand your legal knowledge in this area and develop, gaining invaluable experience.
- Engage with prospective legal clients, produce matter estimates and pre-instruction documentation as required, follow up enquiries and overcome objections to instruction (or manage same if delegated to others).
- Produce (or manage the delegated production of) timely, well considered, written advice to clients and the required legal documents to progress and conclude their matter.
- Ensure all aspects of the matter are fully recorded
- Ensure all necessary communication and actions are taken with third parties and relevant organisations to conclude the matter correctly.
- Exercise high standards of client care in a professional and pleasant manner at all times
- Ensure effective financial management on files
- Contribute to business development strategy and identify opportunities to promote the firm both within own work type and other areas
- Identify opportunities to promote the business through blogs, articles, networking events, specialist knowledge, referrer networks and other means
The successful candidate will have:
- Prior experience working in a busy Private Client department.
- Knowledge of Wills, Powers of Attorney, and estate administration
- Ability to manage your workload
- A confident communicator with excellent client service skills
- A high degree of efficiency and accuracy
- Experience in marketing initiatives and promoting services
- £ 40k – £80k DOE
- Competitive Annual leave
- Life Insurance
- Good company pension
- Dog friendly office days
- Flexible working (40% in office 60% from home)
Join this highly reputable firm that is one of Brighton’s largest legal practices. They offer a fresh approach and work hard to maintain loyalty and trust. The opportunity to join a growing Private Client department is one not to be missed
If you feel you meet the above criteria, please apply online for immediate consideration.
This role is being handled by Harrison Rowe, Legal & Compliance Specialist for Pearson Whiffin Recruitment.
Not quite the right role but still looking?
Whether you are entry or Executive level, our team of experienced Recruitment specialists can help you with your career. We are Kent’s leading independent consultancy and pride ourselves on delivering an exceptional service to both candidates and clients.
Find us on and
By working with us, you will be helping support charities across Kent; we have raised over £50,000 so far!