Ranked International Law Firm
Private WealthAssociate 1-3 PQE
LondonThis ranked firm is an international professional service business with law at its heart, employing over 1450 people with close to 670 lawyers. With offices in London and overseas, the firm undertakes a great deal of cross-border, multi-jurisdictional and complex work, across six core practice areas: Corporate; Dispute Resolution; Employment; Innovation; Private; and Real Estate.The Private Wealth team’s clients include wealthy individuals and families and range from the high profile to the very discreet. The team regularly advise individuals who are international, with personal wealth and business interests in numerous jurisdictions and sectors. They include professional fiduciaries and private trustees, both in the UK and all major international financial centres. The team advise on the formation, administration, taxation and governance of their structures, coordinating and working closely with local and international professional advisers, bankers and family offices.As part of the role, you will be advising ultra-high net worth individuals, families and their trustees on matters pertaining to personal and business taxation. Clients include high profile individuals, entrepreneurs, family offices, and hedge funds spanning the UK and the world.The tax advice you provide will be multijurisdictional, with many of the team’s clients seeking international advice pertaining to the UK, US, Latin American, the Middle East and Asia.The ideal candidate will:
- Be a qualified solicitor.
- Ideally between 1-3 years PQE.
- Experience gained at a leading personal tax practice at a reputable law firm.
- An understanding of both onshore and offshore tax and knowledge of the law surrounding trusts and asset structuring in the UK and internationally.
- Technical knowledge in tax and wealth planning with competent drafting skills.
- Member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) is desirable though not essential.
- Experience of the UK side of US/UK tax planning is desirable though not essential.
- Proactive and takes initiative.
Please apply as directed or confidentially contact Aidan McAvinue at Search Legal for more information. Alternatively, if this role is not for you, I am working a variety of other private wealth opportunities with ranked teams in the City of London so would be interested to talk to any private wealth lawyer.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.