Here at bp pulse, we’re energising the future of transportation by developing fast and convenient charging solutions for consumer and commercial electric vehicles. Over the course of more than 10 years, we have designed and developed innovative electric vehicle charging solutions that enable EV drivers to charge at home, at work and on the go. On our mission to make charging fast and hassle-free, our charging points have been used over 35 million times to enable around 200 million miles of zero tailpipe emission driving.
bp Pulse operate in a high growth and highly dynamic market, we know how important it is for our business to match that pace of change but with the rigour and governance that enables rapid scaling and accurate business performance in parallel, this role is critical to that purpose.
Our Programme Managers are accountable for our most important deliverables, from the strategic programmes through to the pop up sprint activities which are required to keep our business continually improving, they work closely with all functions and help drive our performance culture.
The role holder will need to be comfortable working in a matrixed, high pace and challenging environment, bringing various product, tech, customer & business teams together in a high challenge and high support manner.
With a passion for enabling delivery through structure, clarity & control and experience of implementing and managing change in highly dynamic environments the Programme Manager will be a key member of a high performing team, critical to future success of bp Pulse
OVERALL JOB PURPORSE
As a Programme manager, you will ensure on-time, on cost and on benefits / spec delivery of Programmes & Projects across bp Pulse. You will be responsible for driving, enabling and interlocking requirements specification, development and delivery. Managing dependencies and risks, you will facilitate alignment across all areas of the business to successfully deliver and ensure early life integrity.
- Responsible for stakeholder management across bp Pulse and wider BP; as a highly matrixed organisation it is essential the role holder can build relationships and interlocks / handshakes across functions in a collaborative manner
- Responsible for end-to-end programme delivery using internal reporting systems and tools to support the business and our operational teams
- Definition of project / programme objectives and being on point to support stakeholders from across the business and product to develop business cases for new initiatives
- Identification of synergies and duplication across projects and forums with the intention of streamlining where possible
- Centre of Excellence / Role Model for all levels of Change Governance, able to facilitate Leadership team governance but also assist with coaching operational teams on best practise
- Communication of programme status through governance, to ensure wider business stakeholders are aware of programme status, as well as any risks, issues or milestones requiring attention
- The role is a critical part of the business strategy to ensure bp pulse and the broader electrification team delivers their business and product roadmap based on clear prioritisation
- Degree or Masters (required), ideally in engineering, computer science, business or similar field
- 3-7 years Project/Programme management experience/qualification (preferred)
Knowledge & Experience
- Proven success managing and delivering complex, cross-functional projects / programmes
- Experience of delivering “X functional” programmes, ideally, i.e. infrastructure roll out, product launches etc
- Experience of Requirements capture, interlocking and delivery
- Experience with multiple Project Management & Development tools, i.e. Airtable, Project, ProductPlan, ADO etc
- Experience managing user stories, software backlogs and sprint/agile style delivery methods
- Experience in technical delivery or digital products
- Self-starter mentality with drive and motivation whilst also being an exceptional communicator who works well within a multidisciplinary team, bringing colleagues with them on a journey
- Comfortable leading cross functional teams across engineering, marketing, sales, operations, digital products and technology
- Ability to provide structured and logical approach to complex problems, with excellent core problem solving ability
- Positive personality, with energetic leadership style and strong resilience
- A good balance of structured/holistic thinking with fast moving and pragmatic approach to ensure quick delivery
- Proven and successful in managing joint projects with partners and 3rd party suppliers
- Proven track record of performing in high-intensity environments, operating within tight financial resources and meeting challenging deadlines
- Must be able to operate from Milton Keynes office c.2 days per week, with travel to other locations on needs basis
As an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and care about people. We would hope you will be like minded with a positive personality, energetic working style and for this role exceptional communicator who can work well within a multidisciplinary team.
You are a vital part of the electric future, start charging up your new career today!