A community led, registered provider of Social Housing is looking for a Project Manager to join their current team
- To deliver a full range of client project management services on allocated projects
- To commission and work with technical consultants on a range of major works schemes
- To work in partnership with EastendHomes appointed contractors
- To fully contribute to the work of the Project Management Team in improving and maintaining EastendHomes housing stock.
To project manage all schemes procured through external consultants and to carry out the full range of duties from project inception through to completion.
To undertake feasibility studies, option appraisals and provide budget estimates.
To oversee the design, preparation of drawings, specifications, appointment of contractors and site supervision undertaken by external consultants.
To monitor and report on contract progress.
To provide expert advice on building related matters.
To administer and oversee the appointment as required of professional consultants for major works projects.
To undertake the following keys tasks:
- Preparation of design briefs
- Scheme tendering including pre and post tender evaluation
- Budgetary control and provision of spend profiles
- Consultation with tenants and leaseholders
- Issue and agreement of instructions and variations
- Payment of certificates
- Chairing and attending site meetings
- Obtaining all relevant building consents
- Post contract evaluation
Skills and Knowledge
- A good understanding of all aspects of project management.
- Experience of contract procurement.
- Experience of consultation and working with tenants and leaseholders
- Experience of project work.
- Familiarity with programme management and monitoring.
- Experience of contract supervisions and contractor liaison.
Qualifications and Experience
- Delivery of major works regeneration schemes.
- Supervising consultants and contractors.
- Relevant qualification.
- Good understanding of equality and diversity issues and policy.
- Commitment to equal opportunities.
- Durable personality
- Ability to work in a mutually supportive way in a multi disciplinary team.
- Work on own initiative.
- Work under pressure.
- Meeting tight deadlines.
- Develop effective working relationships with residents, consultants, contractors etc.
- Able to attend weekend and evening meetings when required.
Please forward your details for an immediate interview.