* This position can be in Charlotte, NC or remote.
A Snapshot of Your Day
- The Battery Storage Project Manager will lead battery storage and high voltage substation projects as the primary responsible lead and point of contact to our customers. The successful candidate will work closely with engineering, finance, procurement, and construction teams to ensure projects are executed in accordance with the business strategy.
How You’ll Make an Impact
- Efficiently assists and manages projects to maintain Project Schedule, Customer Satisfaction & Financial Responsibilities
- Lead project management activities including scheduling, budget, risk, change, opportunity, forecast and reoccurring reporting to management.
- Profit/Loss responsibility for assigned projects
- Oversight and Collaboration during the Preconstruction, Estimating, and proposal development process for new and existing business opportunities.
- Responsible for creating and sharing project specific lessons learned and eliminating/reducing project non-conformance costs
- Work closely with international cross-functional teams to plan project deliverables, resources, budget, and schedule.
- Continuous learning of battery energy storage technology and market dynamics
- Ability to travel as needed, could meet or exceed 30%
What You Bring
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree Engineering, Business, Construction Science Manager (related) with at least 5 years of experience in Battery Energy Storage, Power Systems or Substations
- Must possess excellent communication, leadership, team building & customer facing skills
- Experience in process improvement, quality management and managing global teams
- Basic knowledge of Battery Energy Storage and Substations
- Project Management certifications preferred
- Master’s Degree in Engineering or Engineering Management preferred
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
About the Team
Our Grid Technology division enables a reliable, sustainable, and digital grid. The power grid is the backbone of the energy transition. Siemens Energy offers a leading portfolio and solutions in HVDC transmission, grid stabilization and storage, high voltage switchgears and transformers, and digital grid technology.
Check out this video to learn more about our Grid Technologies business https://www.siemens-energy.com/global/en/offerings/power-transmission.html
Who is Siemens Energy?
At Siemens Energy, we are more than just an energy technology company. We meet the growing energy demand across 90+ countries while ensuring our climate is protected. With more than 92,000 dedicated employees, we not only generate electricity for over 16% of the global community, but we’re also using our technology to help protect people and the environment.
Our global team is committed to making sustainable, reliable, and affordable energy a reality by pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We uphold a 150-year legacy of innovation that encourages our search for people who will support our focus on decarbonization, new technologies, and energy transformation.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and our combined creative energy is fueled by over 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society, all of society, and we do not discriminate based on our differences.
- Career growth and development opportunities
- Supportive work culture
- Company paid Health and wellness benefits
- Paid Time Off and paid holidays
- 401K savings plan with company match
- Family building benefits
- Parental leave
[Regional EEO Statement] – Automatically populated by system in the job posting