Arch Insurance Services Ltd
Summary and Purpose
To achieve income and profit objectives through the delivery of an efficient case underwriting service to brokers through regular on-site broker development, supporting the technical management of the regional account in conjunction with the regional strategy, financial plan and personal objectives.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Adherence to the 4 Call Process to maximise opportunities arising
- Achieve Bottom Line, Top Line and Expense targets by managing and operating to the Key Performer Indicators of the region.
- Enhance Arch’s standing and presence locally by establishing and maintaining strong personal relationships with key directors and staff at the Region’s most important brokers.
- Display strong negotiation skills that aide conversion and relationships with our key brokers.
- Maintain and enhance personal knowledge of relevant technical issues.
- Contribute to the technical knowledge of the Company by feeding back technical and commercial market intelligence to the Regional Director & wider team.
- Work collaboratively with other parts of the organisation, especially the claims and survey teams, when required.
Role Requirements & Skills
Skills / Competencies
- Experience in underwriting
- New Business Underwriting preferred
- Proven broker relationships
- Proven Track Record in Underwriting Development
- Ability to negotiate flexibly and appropriately
- Effective selling skills
- Demonstrates a range of influencing and negotiation approaches
- Risk perception/Risk selection skills
- Pricing of risk accordingly
- Successfully developing effective trading relationships
- Consistent achieving of goals and objectives
- Experience working across functions / matrix organisation to collaborate and build strong relationships
- Operational effectiveness and efficiency
- Clear and effective communication
- Minimum A level standard preferred
- Professional Certification – progress towards ACII preferred
- Full clean driving licence
- The job holder will have at least 5 years’ experience in the Commercial Insurance industry, strong interpersonal skills and work in a structured, organised and planned manner.