You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing 13,000 colleagues across 16 world-class manufacturing sites and 18 distribution depots across the UK. We supply all the UK’s food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Here in Boston we employ around 400 colleagues and produce ready to eat salads, prepared vegetables and snacks for many of the major retailers such as Coop, Boots, Greggs, Costco, Spar and BOL.
What you’ll be doing :
As a QA Manager, your role will be to lead and co-ordinate the work of the quality assurance teams to deliver and implement service improvement, in line with operational day to day needs with regards to safety, quality, legality and customer requirements.
- Direct the team to deliver the quality management system including the internal audit plan in order to ensure compliance with customer, manufacturing unit, legislative, divisional and strategic requirements
- Provide information and demonstrate operational practice in support of external audits to enable compliance with customer requirements
- Continue to develop the capability of the Quality Assurance team through the technical strategy
- Monitor departmental key performance indicators adjusting team activity to ensure targets are achieved
- Plan and maintain resource utilisation to advise the required quality assurance tasks
- Lead and deliver a project(s) to create business effectiveness and cost efficiency
- Building production capability and understanding to achieve relevant technical requirements
- Ensure that a safe working environment exists for all colleagues and that as a minimum the department meets the standards set out in the Health Safety and Environment Policy
- Ensure Traceability for the site is maintained
- Thorough decision-making around product issues and raw material issues.
Shift: Monday-Friday 6am start
What we’re looking for :
We’re not all the same at Greencore and our differences help us to make every day taste better for all our stakeholders. We truly put our people at the core and are proud of our diversity.
- Educated to degree level with a Food specialism or equivalent qualification (or has relevant work experience)
- Has previous internal audit experience
- Holds an intermediate Food Hygiene certificate level 3 and level 3 Health and Safety
- Experience in a food manufacturing environment
- Ability to use computer programmes including Word, Excel and related technical IT packages
- Knowledge of the HACCP principles and practice
- Knowledge of allergen awareness-implications / related to labelling and nutritional awareness
- Demonstratable shelf-life determination and awareness
- Experience and knowledge of hygiene and disinfection principles
- Can demonstrate basic micro awareness
- Knowledgeable about the principles of risk assessment
- Knowledgeable about legal labelling as a basic requirement
- Basic knowledge of weight legislation
- Knowledge of technical key performance indicators
If this sounds like you join us, grow with Greencore and be a part of driving our future success.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
- Access to a full Wellbeing Centre platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.