EA Talent Limited
My award winning client it currently recruiting for a Retail Category Manager to join their growing and entrepreneurial team in Telford. This online retailer is ambitious and forward thinking company and they are looking for a like minded and analytical individual to help them evolve their business and product range.
For this position there is a requirement for you to travel to the office in Telford 4 days per week.
Category Manager role requirements:
- Providing recommendations for category development & range innovation with the support of market and competitor trends.
- Understand the customer journey: customer insight, through to communicating product benefits and reasons to believe, identifying opportunities based on key reason/s for purchase
- Delivering and optimising the retail category driving revenue performance, increasing profitability and reducing cost of goods sold.
- Source and meet suitable suppliers/manufacturers, including attending UK and international trade shows to drive innovation
- Developing strong existing and building new supplier relationships
- Collaborating with the global procurement team on new product development andleveragegroup supplier agreements.
- Negotiate prices, payment terms, vendor trading terms as well as other aspects ofsupplier account management.
- Manage the product selection process, critical path, and effective communication withthe merchandising team to ensure products and categories are optimally presented on our website.
- Any experience within the DIY or Retail industry would be beneficial