As a Senior
Care Assistant at our Okeley Care Home in Chelmsford
you will be part of a compassionate and welcoming team providing physical, emotional, and social support. Your dedication, reliability and support will make a difference every day.
Excelcare is a family-owned Care Home group established for over 34 years. We provide the highest standards of care to older people with a range of needs including dementia, physical disabilities, and mental health issues. By joining us you will become one of the ‘family’ and in return for your dedication and hard work you can expect:
- Salary: £12.00 – £12.50 per hour depending on experience and qualifications
- Part time or full time vacancies available
- 12 hour shifts from 8am – 8pm/8pm – 8am, Monday – Sunday. You must be able to work alternate weekends
About the role:
- As a Senior Care Assistant, you will be working alongside and mentoring a team of Care Assistants to ensure that outstanding care is delivered at all times.
- You would be reporting to the Home Manager and work directly with the ancillary teams and other Senior Care Assistants within the home.
- You will be engaging in meaningful activities with the people living in our care home as well as always promoting independence, choice, dignity, and respect
- Your involvement with creating person-centred care plans and risk assessments will be key to the successful delivery of outstanding care and regular updates and reviews will be required
What we are looking for from you:
- Two years’ experience as a Care Assistant or Senior Care Assistant with an NVQ 2/3 qualification in Health and Social Care OR three years’ experience without an NVQ
- Experience in a nursing or care home OR as a home care worker
- Understanding of regulatory frameworks – Care Quality Commission (CQC)
- Knowledge and practice of working with people suffering with dementia is desirable
- Previous experience prompting/administering medication using an electronic e-MAR system would be desirable – full training and support will be provided.
- You will be an enthusiastic, inspiring, and caring individual – passionate about what we do
What we offer in return for your hard work:
- 28 Days holiday including bank holidays
- Free on-site parking
- Enhanced bank holiday pay
- Annual salary review
- Refer a Friend Scheme rewarding £500 for every person you refer
- DBS certificate paid by Excelcare
- Comprehensive induction programme
- Funded qualifications via the apprenticeship programme (where required)
- Paid uniform
- Employee of the month – £100 for outstanding contribution
- Team appreciation week
Terms and Conditions apply
If you are interested in the position, please apply online today – we look forward to hearing from you.