Senior Land Manager
About Amberside Energy
Amberside Energy is an exciting renewables development and management company headquartered in Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire. We are a dynamic firm that primarily works with solar farms and battery-based energy storage systems but with growth plans that will allow us to move into other technologies and sectors.
We have an opportunity for a Senior Land Manager to join our high-performing development team. We seek candidates with the required drive and competence to convert land leads to exclusivity agreements and then manage the ongoing sequence of landowner agreements. The candidates will also have responsibility for managing land agents working on Amberside’s behalf.
Amberside Energy strives to exceed client expectations and, as such, we are searching for outstanding candidates who seek appropriate recognition for the ability to consistently perform at an elevated level to their peers. Our business is based on a meritocracy, therefore, there are no limits to what can be achieved.
In short, we’re seeking applications from the very best talent in return for an exceptional remuneration package.
Duties of the Roles
- Shortlisting sites suitable for development, using in-house grid capacity calculator and mapping processes
- Establishing contact with named landowners and obtaining signed exclusivity agreements and Distribution Network Operator letters of authority
- Potentially engaging neighbours of the main landowners who could be included in the main development site
- Arranging and attending face-to-face meetings with landowners
- Regular reporting to the team, and landowners, on progress
- Agreeing Heads of Terms as soon as possible and prior to the receipt of a grid offer
- Liaising with landowners and their advisors to work through Heads of Terms and Option / Lease Agreements
- Obtaining standard CPSE replies from the landowner, a completed Landowner Questionnaire and otherwise assisting with the conduct of any searches required
- Leading on discussions relating to wayleaves and access rights
- Managing external land agents who will be engaged in the same work as above, and ensuring opportunities are being progressed at the required pace.
Why work for Amberside Energy?
- Market-leading remuneration linked to experience and ability (instead of grading/bands)
- An exceptional bonus structure linked to remuneration reviews based on delivery and contribution
- Company car
- Generous private healthcare scheme
- Utilisation of our unique grid analysis capabilities to help with identifying available capacity and site selection
- Becoming part of a small, high-performing team that operates in a dynamic and friendly atmosphere, backed up with decades of combined development, renewables, electrical and commercial experience.
Required Candidate Characteristics
- Enjoyment of an Acquisitions role and engaging with landowners and professional advisors
- Demonstrable track record of achieving and exceeding KPIs in land acquisition
- Knowledge of the landowning community and farming subsidies
- Able to work in the UK on a long-term basis without sponsorship
- Full UK driving licence
- Strong negotiation skills and experience in working with landowners on exclusivity and Option for Lease agreements as well as wayleaves and easements, possessing an excellent, personable manner
- A very strong understanding of the UK development requirements for solar and battery energy storage projects ranging between 1MW and 300MW+
- Ability to manage external consultants/ contractors
- Ability to manage multiple workstreams and consultants simultaneously
- Calm under pressure while retaining the ability to make professional decisions
- Excellent IT skills, including CRM tool use, ArcGIS, workflow process and Xero expenses.
- The ability to use relevant software to filter sites
- Portfolio Management
Desirable Candidate Characteristics
- We pride ourselves on our technical expertise and diligence, and the ideal candidate will be able to communicate this clearly to landowners
- Ability to inspire confidence in landowners, leading to successful partnerships
- RICS accredited
- Well-networked within the sector
- Competency with MS Project/ Gantt charts.
Candidates that apply sooner have a higher chance of securing the role as we interview on a first-come, first-served basis for recruitment.
You can also apply for this role by clicking the Apply Button.