Are you dedicated to enriching and impacting the lives of students with Special Educational Needs?
We are currently looking for Special Educational Needs Teaching Assistants
to support schools within the PR4
area to start in February 2024 or sooner, with competitive pay rates on offer ranging from £11.68 – £13 per hour.
We are looking for candidates who have completed the necessary Teaching Assistant
qualifications or in the process of completing this. If you possess the knowledge and skills needed to assist children with special needs, then look no further!
The role of a SEN Teaching Assistant is to complement the professional work of teachers by taking responsibility for agreed learning activities under an agreed system of supervision. Our schools require SEN Teaching Assistants to assist with intervention, group support or 1:1 support, which may involve planning, preparing and delivering learning activities for individuals/groups or short term for whole classes and monitoring pupils and assessing, recording and reporting on pupil’s achievement, progress and development.
If you are passionate, dedicated and enthusiastic and understand the importance of Primary Education, then we would love to have you on board! Early Years / KS1 or KS2 opportunities will be available, both on a long term basis and short, depending on your availability and suitability to schools.
- Provide support to students with SEN in both academic and personal development
- Preparation of resources and activities for 1:1 support
- Collaborate with classroom teachers to organise to create an inclusive learning environment
- Liaise with various staff including Teachers, TA’s, specialist support staff
- Review and support EHCP’s or care plan
- Work closely with other LSA’s and support staff
- Working with classes, small groups and with children on a 1:1 basis
- Monitor and track the development of pupils, supporting their personal development and confidence.
- Experience of working with young people.
- Experience working with young people on a 1:1 basis
- Experience working with SEN or knowledge of learning difficulties
- Be comfortable and confident in managing challenging behaviours
- Good Class management skills.
- TA Qualified or working towards this.
- Local Parking
- Public transport nearby
- Highly Competitive daily pay rate
- Weekly pay
- Support from an exciting network of Primary schools