Brown & Brown (Europe)
Negotiable + Benefits
We are looking for an experienced Technical Lead to join our team at Hamilton Fraser part of the Brown & Brown Europe Insurance Group and play a pivotal role in shaping the technological landscape of our organisation.
The day to day:
- Lead and mentor a team of developers/engineers, fostering a collaborative and high-performance work environment
- Provide technical expertise in the design, development, and implementation of complex software solutions.
- Work with business stakeholders to ensure consistent, high quality, regular software deliveries to our stakeholders and customers
- Build and maintain a collaborative relationship with all in-house / external software providers
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand project requirements and contribute to the overall technical strategy.
- Manage issues, risks and dependencies, and ensure these are communicated and acknowledged effectively
- Ensure the use of best practices, coding standards, and proper documentation in all technical deliverables.
- Understand and define the requirements and priorities of each project
- To promote the company’s core values of curiosity and innovation, honesty and transparency, flexibility and adaptability, and passion and leadership
- Proven experience as a Technical Lead or similar role.
- Strong communication skills with both business stakeholders at all levels and also technical teams
- Deep understanding of full software development life cycle in an agile environment
- Strong background in software development/engineering with expertise in Microsoft tech stack – .Net, C#, React, Rest api’s & SQL Server
- Code reviews
- Excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to inspire and motivate a technical team
- Demonstrated experience in project management and the ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Ensuring that relevant incident, problem and change escalations were dealt with appropriately.
- Responsible for ensuring that relevant process documentation and procedures are kept up to date and in line with internal IT standards.
- Providing regular reporting to IT Management and the wider business stakeholders
- Experience of measuring agile team performance and quality.
- Experience of working with third parties (offshore companies would be a bonus).
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant work experience.
- A negotiable basic salary and all the normal benefits you’d expect (Holiday, company pension etc.)
- A collaborative, open and honest environment that is designed to deliver the best outcomes to our clients and staff
- Hybrid working –
- An environment built around supporting and developing our staff with funding available for relevant professional qualifications.