TECHICAL PRODUCTION MANAGER
Bucks, £50k – flex hybrid working.
A truly caring, compassionate and credible, leading brand experience agency who design and deliver remarkable live events, exhibits and branded environments, plus virtual experiences and experiential marketing campaigns.
The Technical Production Manager is to help specify, procure, and manage the delivery of all event production and technical services for event and exhibition projects. They will work closely with the wider business teams from early concept stages through to on site management to ensure that we deliver the creative vision to the highest standards. The ideal candidate will be solutions focused with a high attention to detail and a real passion for high quality project delivery.
The event production manager will be expected to work both autonomously and as part of a larger team depending on the project size and complexity. Outside of day-to-day project responsibilities they will work closely with the Head of Production to help drive Production best practice throughout the business.
- Provide production and commercial input, and advice to support pitch teams in the feasibility and delivery of tender proposals.
- Source and brief technical and scenic suppliers to obtain accurate costs and explore production methods.
- Advise on suitable Technical / AV and lighting solutions exploring new and innovative technologies as much as possible.
- Work closely with the Project Manager to ensure that proposal budgets are accurate and deliverable.
- Determine the most appropriate Production solutions and feed this into the design and costing process.
- Provide detailed briefings to the supply chain on material specifications and technical equipment requirements.
- Negotiate best value with suppliers based on industry knowledge and experience.
- Ensure procurement and supplier selection processes are followed.
- Document and manage an agreed scope of work with suppliers for all projects.
- Work with the Project Manager to create project timelines, on site schedules, transport schedules and cash flow forecasts.
- Work with the Project Manager to produce detailed and accurate project budgets for complex projects, including multi-currency and multimillion pound events.
- Provide informal budget estimates if required.
- Support client meetings to present production related information.
- Oversee the creation and amends for design concepts, technical drawings and graphic specification documents
- Work with wider teams to proactively overcome project risk and identify solutions to project challenges.
- Manage suppliers throughout the pre-production and on-site phases, ensuring that standards of delivery are always met.
- Provide on-site support to clients during show days when required.
- Provide valuable feedback to project teams and the Head of Production during the project de-brief to aid continuous improvement.
- Maintain supplier relationships and resolve any challenges with the support of the Head of Production.
- Provide support and advice to Junior team members.
- Ensure good safety practice on all projects and that working practices of staff and contractors are safe and robust.
- Create and manage the H&S plan for projects, including inductions of all staff and suppliers, and reporting during build, live and dismantle phases.
SKILS & EXPERIENCE
- Agency background with demonstrable experience across multiple delivery sectors.
- A strong understanding of technical and AV solutions for live events and exhibitions is essential.
- Knowledgeable in scenic manufacturing processes and able to support internal teams in specification and design.
- International experience with an understanding of regional differences and challenges. Experience in the US would be beneficial.
- Experience in permanent installations would be beneficial but not essential.
- Ability to present information clearly and concisely, both internally and to clients.
- Good working knowledge and practical experience of H&S planning for events and exhibitions.
- Proven organisational skills with ability to effectively multitask and manage multiple projects.
- Proven financial management skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Customer focussed attitude.
- Hands-on, can-do attitude.
- Creative thinker with a positive approach to problem solving.
- Team player.
- Calm under pressure.
- Ambitious with a desire to improve and develop.
WHAT IS ON OFFER
- Highly competitive package and growing benefits.
- In return for your commitment, you will be offered the chance to become part of a talented close-knit team and work on a range of exciting projects worldwide!
- Our client is passionate about investing in their people and so opportunities for training and personal development will be available.
Please contact us right away as we’d love to hear from you.
This position would suit: Production Manager, Senior Production Manager, Technical Production Manager, Creative Production Manager, Production Manager, Junior Production Manager, Technical Project Manager, Project Manager Technical, Technical Production Manager, Production Manager Technical, Live Events Manager, Live Events Production Manager, Head of Technical Production, Head of Production, Production Director, Production Lead, event Production Manager, Event Production Lead.
This position would suit: Technical Production Manager, Creative Production Manager, Production