QUAKER SOCIAL ACTION
We are looking for four (4) Trustees to join the QSA team of trustees, including a Treasurer. Trustees are responsible for setting the strategic direction and for the financial oversight of QSA, ensuring we comply with relevant regulation and supporting the 40 paid staff of the charity to deliver our mission.
New trustees will be crucial to QSA’s future as we expand our influencing and advocacy work, and continue providing services and support to the most vulnerable so that they can seek solutions to the issues affecting their lives.
We are looking for Trustees who are:
- Passionate about the aims of QSA and keen to contribute to our work
- Empathic and understanding of the issues affecting people living in poverty, and keen to learn more
- Keen to make a positive contribution to our commitment to increasing inclusion and diversifying our body of trustees, including giving voice to those with relevant lived experience
- Willing to take on this responsibility and committed to learning more about charity governance
- Able to commit the time needed to be a trustee and to take this responsibility seriously, for an initial term of three (3) years
In addition, for our Treasurer we are looking for someone who:
- Has a strong working knowledge of financial management of smaller organisations, and if this is not specifically charity finance, be willing to learn more
- Can explain financial information for others who have less financial expertise
- Is willing to convene our finance and fundraising committee.