A Snapshot of Your Day
This position provides an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced dynamic product development environment for industrial gas turbines. Most days will be different. Some days you will be able to focus on your primary task(s). Other days you will have to shift your priorities at a moment’s notice to support unplanned but urgent work packages. Either way, you will collaborate with a global cross-organizational team. You and your peers will continuously support each other, and you will communicate directly with internal customers and stakeholders.
How You’ll Make an Impact
- Analyze and design hot gas path components (e.g., blades, vanes, ring segments) for mechanical integrity and manufacturability
- Improve and automate mechanical integrity modeling techniques
- Design engine test configurations and prepare engine test specifications
- Utilize field data to validate and verify tools, methods and analytical predictions
- Support integrated product teams through technical challenges plus operation and field issue resolution as well as manufacturing both initial qualification and subsequent production phases
- Interface with customers both internal and external
What You Bring
- University degree in mechanical engineering, aerospace engineering or similar and wide knowledge of axial flow gas turbines
- Sound knowledge of hot gas path structural integrity and FEA and 2+ years experience in 3D modeling, FE analysis and design, preferably using NX and ANSYS
- Knowledge of programming and computational methods, e.g., APDL, Python
- Demonstrated detail-oriented and innovative thinking mindset
- Highly motivated, proactive, self-directed with exceptional inter-personal and communication skills
- Business fluent in English and German
About the Team
Our Gas Services division offers Low-emission power generation through service and decarbonization. Zero or low emission power generation and all gas turbines under one roof, steam turbines and generators. Decarbonization opportunities through service offerings, modernization, and digitalization of the fleet.
Who is Siemens Energy?
At Siemens Energy, we are more than just an energy technology company. We meet the growing energy demand across 90+ countries while ensuring our climate is protected. With more than 94,000 dedicated employees, we not only generate electricity for over 16% of the global community, but we’re also using our technology to help protect people and the environment.
Our global team is committed to making sustainable, reliable, and affordable energy a reality by pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We uphold a 150-year legacy of innovation that encourages our search for people who will support our focus on decarbonization, new technologies, and energy transformation.
Find out how you can make a difference at Siemens Energy: https://bitly.ws/ZFwV
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and our combined creative energy is fueled by over 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society, all of society, and we do not discriminate based on our differences.
- In addition to an attractive remuneration package in line with the market, you can expect an attractive employer-financed company pension scheme
- We also offer the opportunity to become a Siemens Energy shareholder
- We offer our employees the opportunity to work flexibly and remotely, and our inspiring offices provide space for collaboration and creativity
- The professional and personal development of our employees is very important to us. We provide them with the opportunities to learn and develop in a self-determined way, various attractive programmes and learning materials are available for this purpose
- In relation to the “compatibility of family and work”, we have a wide range of offers, e.g. flexible working time models, childcare places at many locations, the possibility of trial part-time work or even a sabbatical
We value equal opportunities and welcome applications from people with disabilities.