Location: Slough / Flexible
Closing Date: 07/10/2021
Please note this is a 12 month fixed term contract
It matters to us that Team O2 is as diverse as the communities we serve.
We’re aware that we need more diversity in our senior leadership roles, so we welcome and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
Whoever you are, O2 has a place for you.
Come join us.
About the Team:
Focusing on vendor/contract management aspects of our key operational contracts in order to drive performance from our Vendors and hold them to account if they don’t achieve SLA’s and obligations. The team, of approximately 30, are responsible for Performance (managing, monitoring and reporting on Performance) & Governance (Vendor, Asset, Inventory).
About the Role:
Reporting to the Head of Tower, this role is responsible for the commercial performance management of product/services supply contracts within operations. This individual is primarily accountable for the creation and in-life management of specific contracts and must ensure the cost-effectiveness and value for money of these contracts
The Contract Manager will review and approve in line with declared spend approvals, any SOW/WO’s or Contract documents in line with best practice guidelines. They will ensure that there is a sound Commercial construct and that any approvals result in good outcomes for Telefonica
- In-life Commercial Contract Management of vendor contracts.
- Support Vendor Manager by compiling exec level reports and dashboard views – including balanced scorecards
- Contract interpretation and production of concise guidance notes.
- Contract Status Reports & Contract Compliance
- Support escalations and arbitration for Vendor commercial issues
- Help drives the communication plan between O2 and the Vendor
- Advise Vendor Manager on commercial and contractual challenges
- Ensure the Vendor Manager / Head of Tower are appropriately briefed at all times and used effectively as an escalation point
- Risk Management and Assessment – Establish and maintain a risk register, including working with other functions to mitigate risks and issues on an on-going basis
- Regulatory Compliance – Ensure that vendor accounts within nominated tower remain compliant with relevant UK legislation / statutory instruments
- Influence successful delivery of the Vendor obligations and achievement of Telefonica’s business plan -Ensuring that nominated vendor accounts deliver the entirety of their agreement
- Legal Support – Drafting and managing NDA’s
- RFP Support – Support procurement during RFP phase
- Work as a project manager if required to bring relevant schedules together constituting the contract.
- Ensure there are credible SLA’s/KPI’s within relevant schedules that drive performance of the contract.
- Contract Mobilisation – Receive the signed contract from Procurement and formally move the contract to “in-life”.
- Telefonica Contract Performance – Identify and track TUK performance commitments and flag to Vendor Manager / delivery manager for action; achieved through analytical review of Vendor and TUK performance data.
- Vendor Contract Performance – Report on contract performance. Contract Managers are responsible for:
- Collating performance data from Vendors
- Collating internal (TUK) data to supplement and collaborate Vendor data
- Completing analysis based upon contract KPIs
- Escalating issues to the Vendor Manager/Service Delivery teams
- Contract Variations – Lead ongoing contract management activities throughout the lifecycle, including variations, amendments and price adjustments (in conjunction with Procurement). Management of Contract Change Notices
- Contract Closure & Exit Management- Ensure contract are appropriately closed out at the end of their lifecycle, in line with relevant procedures. Includes activities related to contract renewals.
- Contract Implementation Plans – Complete timely delivery of detailed implementation plans for contracts
- Ensure Vendors deliver against the Capex / Opex delivery plans. Work with delivery teams to underpin the Vendor delivery and ensure that they evidence the underpinning of the plan
What We Need from You:
- Must be able to manage the expectations of our stakeholders (including TUK internal groups and external Vendors) and have the ability to build relationships across the business and gain respect and credibility.
- Must have good commercial acumen and deal with confrontation, ensuring best outcomes are achieved for Telefonica.
- Must be able to demonstrate a proven record of accomplishment of contract management as well as relationship/operational experience and have a record of accomplishment of addressing complex problems and delivering effective solutions.
- Strong leadership and communications skills are an essential part of this role along with the gravitas and credibility to operate and communicate with senior level personnel both internal and external to TUK.
- Must be able to work individually but also as part of a high performing contract management team.
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills are required for this role due to the regular contact with internal customers and external Vendors.
- Using Insight to drive recommendations and have good analytical skills.
- No budget or P&L responsibility. No direct reports. Travel will be required within UK and anywhere where Vendors may want to hold any meetings etc.
We’ll be sending you emails about the status of your application. To make sure you receive these, please add @O2.com and @telefonica.com to your Safe Senders list.
We’re looking to pay a great compensation package (depending on experience) for this position. We also offer plenty of extras to sweeten the deal, which could include things like bonuses, life assurance cover, health care and lots of flexible benefits.
Also, every employee has their personal development supported with a LinkedIn learning account; plus other role specific learning available through our award-winning digital learning platform – O2 Campus.
We also believe a great work-life balance is important, so we’re open to considering flexible working arrangements. Like to know more, feel free to raise it.
Join us and we’ll encourage you to be bold every day. So take a deep breath, your career is about to go to exciting new places.
If you have any questions around the role then please email ResourceTUK@o2.com who will be happy to help.