For all those student stir fry lovers out there, we’ve got an awesome quick recipe to get your taste-buds going.
“Sweet Chilli Stirfry”
- 1 cup (200g) brown rice
- 2 teaspoons sunflower oil
- 2 (about 500g) chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled, thinly sliced
- 100g snow peas, ends trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup (80ml) honey
- 2 teaspoons reduced-salt soy sauce
cook the rice in a large saucepan of boiling water for 25 minutes or until tender. Then drain.
Heat the oil in a wok or frying pan over high heat. Add one-quarter of the chicken and stir-fry for 2-3 minute or until cooked through. Transfer to a bowl. Repeat in 3 more batches with remaining chicken.
Add the carrot and snow peas to the wok and stir-fry for 1 minute. Return the chicken to the pan with the honey and soy sauce and stir-fry for 1 minute or until sauce boils and thickens slightly.
Spoon the stir-fry among serving bowls. Serve with rice.